Monday 27 October 2014

OtakuFest 2014

This post was going to be a review post, but two things changed my mind. First, I'm contemplating making the first weekend of every month a regular review post, and that isn't until next week. For a look at what comics I already have, check out this spreadsheet (Question to the viewership - does anyone have any comic they'd like me to review first?). Secondly, my twitterfeed alerted me to something...

Impact Comics' Official OtakuFest 2014 Poster



My local comic-store, Impact Comics, is hosting the annual OtakuFest on Saturday 15th Nov. What's OtakuFest, you may ask? I'll let them explain:
OtakuFest is Canberra’s (Australia’s?) favourite outdoor, free entry, all welcome cosplay event.
OtakuFest is really simple, head down to Garema Place in costume, meet some friends and maybe win some some sweet prizes supplied by MADMAN or grab some manga or anime on sale at IMPACT!
2014 is IMPACT COMICS’ 10th birthday so we thought we’d make OtakuFest even bigger!
While I don't have any costumes, I think I might go and have a look anyway. And hopefully, unlike this year's Free Comic Book Day, it won't be raining!* Anyone else think they might show up?

(*Not that the rain spoiled much - while I was a bit concerned about my comics getting wet, at least I was treated to the sight of stormtroopers strolling around Garema Place...)

No comments:

Post a Comment